Bodhi Association Canada
Bodhi Association Canada, which was established in 2006, is a Buddhist group with the aim of studying and practising the teachings of Buddha. It has been registered officially according to federal requirements. Under the instruction of Khenpo SoDargye Rinpoche, and following the teachings associated with the Han Monk system of Serthar Larung WuMing (Five Sciences) Buddhist Institute, the Bodhi Association is organized to study and to practise both esoteric and tantric Dharma with the purposes of propagating wisdom and the great compassion and to benefit all sentient beings with invaluable Buddha’s teachings. There are more than 50 members of the Association for present. The activities that include studying and practising of Dharma are organized in routine schedule. The courses on processing right now cover the teachings as following:《Great exposition of the Dzogchen Preliminaries》, 《Pure Land Practice in Tibetan Buddhism》, 《Five Sutras and One Commentary of Pure Land》, 《Comprehensive Commentary on Bodhicharyavatara》, etc.
On the peaceful land of Canada, our purpose is to propagate the Dharma, to enrich the mind with great compassion and wisdom according to Buddha’s teaching; to eliminate the conflicting emotions, sufferings and pressures starting with the method of self-transforming, to fulfill our life with enrichment and joy, and to realize the real benefits to ourselves and to others.
Also, the Association organizes the activities of studying and practising of many kinds of sutras and commentaries following by the steps of Dharma studying systematically, with the purpose of cultivating the right acknowledge and the right opinion, and to absorb Buddha’s teaching by heart.
Courses schedule: please refer to 《Admission Brochure of “Future-Orientation” by Bodhi Association《 in detail.
· Dharma Studies: to study, contemplate, and practise the Dharma in order to investigate the real meaning of Dharma, to dissolve the doubts and to establish the foundation of right thinking by form of group-study in local or online.
· Compassion to lives: to liberate and to protect the lifes from being killed, to protect the environment.
· Circulation of books and digital forms of dharma teachings by Khenpo SoDargye Rinpoche and other Guru Masters of Serthar Larung WuMing Buddhist Institute.
· Donations to Lamas in old age.
· Offering of “Meals for ten thousand of Monks” with an annual schedule.
· Taking care of people of senior age and patients needing help, and to provide hospice care and to organize lay Buddhists to recite sutra and mantra for helping dying and died people.
· Sutra courses for Children and Thangka painting class.
Toronto : 647-993-8608 647-891-1298
Waterloo : 519-722-8618
Montreal : 450-462-4415